Leura village, a short walk from Lemon Tree Cottage, has a unique atmosphere all its own. Crammed with wonderful restaurants, cafes, galleries and shops- it is THE place to browse!
Lemon Tree Cottage is easily accessible by road or rail. The cottage is conveniently but privately located a short walk from the village centre.
By Road Leura is less than two hours drive from most parts of Sydney. By Rail Air-conditioned trains leave Sydney approximately every hour.
Out & About in the Blue Mountains & Surrounding Areas
There are many things to do in the Blue Mountains around Leura and further afield. For more information visit www.bluemts.com.au/info
- Echo Point and the Three Sisters
- Mountains Trolly Tours Bus which has a choice of different tours to suit all requirements. www.trolleytours.com.au
- Scenic World and its famous Scenic Skyway, Railway, Cableway and Walkway. Experience walking on air at Scenic World with their new glass bottom skyrail. Or descend into the ancient rainforest by either the Scenic Railway or Scenic Cableway and enjoy being surrounded by nature on the longest elevated timber boardwalk. For more information visit www.scenicworld.com.au
- The Zig Zag Railway (www.zigzagrailway.com.au) takes you on a journey along the old rail route where you will learn all about the old railways and trains. You will stop at a number of scenic locations to enjoy the views and experience the manual signal control room.
- Annual Leura Garden Festival (www.leuragardensfestival.com)
- Wonderful cold climate gardens such as The Everglades
- Great golf courses with stunning mountain vistas For more information visit www.leuragolfclub.com.au
- Fine dining or cafe lifestyle at one of Leura's and Katoomba's many eateries
- A drink at Leura Garage wine bar or one of many vintage pubs in the area
- Shopping in Leura village or local markets for fashion, homewares or antiques
- Katoomba Library and Creative Centre – great views, ehxhibitions, gift and coffee shop. For more information visit www.bluemountainsculturalcentre.com.au/new-katoomba-library
- The Edge Cinema, Katoomba shows a number of films to keep you entertained in the wetter weather. For more information visit www.edge.com.au
- Leuralla Toy & Railway Museum – an amazing collection in a grand historic house. For more information visit www.toyandrailwaymuseum.com.au
- Norman Lindsay Gallery, Faulconbridge. For more information visit www.normanlindsay.com.au
- Relax in a day spa. For more information visit www.spasublime.com.au
- A little further afield you can find many other unforgettable experiences such as:
- The Jenolan Caves – a truly magical place to explore
- Mount Tomah Botanic Gardens – gorgeous all year round
- Horse riding in the Megalong and Kanimbla Valley
- Canyoning, abseiling and white water rafting at numerous locations
- A really excellent website with details of Blue Mountains hiking trails, restaurants, etc is http://www.bloogle.com.au/. If you are planning to bushwalk, you may like to have a look at www.NationalPass.com.au as this walk is one of the best walking tracks in Australia.